Carpentry Merit Badge
Carpentry was one of four Historic Merit Badges reintroduced during 2010 for the BSA Centennial celebration and is no longer available to be earned.
Some additional restrictions include:
- Scouts must start and complete all merit badge work after April 1, 2010 and before Dec. 31, 2010.
- The merit badge will count towards rank advancement.
- No merit badge pamphlets will be printed.
Requirements for the Carpentry merit badge:
- Demonstrate the use of the rule, square, level, plumb-line, miter, chalk-line and bevel.
- Demonstrate the proper way to drive, set, and clinch a nail, draw a spike with a claw-hammer, and to join two pieces of wood with screws.
- Show correct use of the cross-cut saw and of the rip-saw.
- Show how to plane the edge, end and the broad surface of a board.
- Demonstrate how to lay shingles.
- Make a simple article of furniture for practical use in the home or on the home grounds, finished in a workmanlike manner, all work to be done without assistance.
Feb 16, 2014 - Olinn Brown
Feb 23, 2014 - Mark Smilor
Mar 09, 2014 - Anthony Liguori
Apr 22, 2014 - Rick Rose
Apr 30, 2015 - Shelly
Sep 03, 2015 - Debbie Morris
Thank you, Debbie Morris California
Sep 04, 2015 - Bjorn Wang
Apr 02, 2016 - Joseph Brincat
Joe Brincat , Farmington Hills, MI
Jun 10, 2017 - Wade Harman
Nov 21, 2019 - Dan
Dec 08, 2019 - Scott
Jan 07, 2020 - Ruth
Mar 09, 2021 - Matthew Karpacz
PLease bring the MB back
Apr 17, 2021 - Mike Dombroski
Aug 20, 2021 - James Cundiff
-James Cundiff. Proud former member of Troop 185, Waterford, MI
Sep 04, 2021 - Scouter Paul
@James - GG on earning all those badges! I'd love to have Carpentry around, but to let the National office know your view, you can Contact Them.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Scouts