Arrow of Light Award
The highest award in Cub Scouts is earned by Webelos that have been active participants in their den and are ready to join a Boy Scout troop. Many of the requirements for the Arrow of Light are intended to familiarize the scout with Boy Scouting and show the next step to take in scouting.
Scouts earning the Arrow of Light patch have also completed nearly all Joining requirements for Boy Scouts so they have a head start on their Boy Scout trail.
The award patch is worn as a Webelos scout and as a Boy Scout - adults wear the square knot symbol.
Knot Description: Red on green knot on tan background with yellow border.
- Be active in your Webelos den for at least six months since completing the fourth grade or for at least six months since becoming 10 years old. (Being active means having good attendance, paying your den dues, and working on den projects.)
- Complete each of the following Arrow of Light required adventures with your den or family:
- Complete three Webelos elective adventures of your den or family's choosing from this list: Adventures in Science, Aquanaut, Art Explosion, Aware and Care, Build It, Build My Own Hero, Castaway, Earth Rocks!, Engineer, Fix It, Game Design, Into the Wild, Into the Woods, Looking Back, Looking Forward, Maestro!, Moviemaking, Project Family, Sportsman
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide and earn the Cyber Chip award for your age.*
* If your family does not have Internet access at home AND you do not have ready Internet access at school or another public place or via a mobile device, the Cyber Chip portion of this requirement may be waived by your parent or guardian.
Online Webelos Arrow of Light Test
Click one to vote:
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Scouts