Games Tigers Play Adventure
Adventure Goal: Young Tigers can have a difficult time with competition, and winning and losing. This adventure can help them develop appropriate sportsmanship, teamwork, listening, and following rules.
Complete Requirements 1 and 2 plus at least two others.
- Play two initiative or team-building games with the members of your den.
- Listen carefully to your leader while the rules are being explained, and follow directions when playing.
- At the end of the game, talk with the leader about what you learned when you played the game. Tell how you helped the den by playing your part.
- Talk with your den or family about why good nutrition helps you to be strong and active. Bring a nutritious snack to a den meeting. Share why you picked it and what makes it a good snack choice.
- Make up a game with the members of your den, and play it with den members. After playing the game, talk with your den about the experience.
- Make up a new game, and play it with your family or members of your den or pack. Then talk with the group about the experience.
- Attend a sporting event with your den or family.
- Before or after the event, talk with a coach or athlete about what it is like to participate in the sport. OR Find out more about the sport and share what you've learned with your den or family members before or after the event.
Ideas for Adventure Requirements:
- Choose from the many Tiger Games.
- Making a game requires an idea, how to win, and rules. Tools for Educators has some game building help. Google has some pics of games people made.
- Using common equipment, such as football, baseball mitt, or basketball hoop, in a different way can make fun games.
- It's a good idea to contact the coach beforehand so he/she has time set aside for your visit.
- Have each Tiger bring a sample of a snack - it doesn't need to be enough for the entire den.
Den Meeting Ideas for Games Tigers Play Adventure:
- Play All Aboard - requires teamwork and close quarters.
- Eat a snack using the Feed Me activity - if you want to eat, you have to feed!
- Share T-Shirt Relay game at a pack meeting.
- Play Bucket Ball game - team game like basketball.
- Do Log Convoy - using a broomstick or wooden handrail works great for young scouts.
- Do Group Counting - simple beginning to working together.
- Sing MILK song - milk is a healthy snack.
- Sing Apples and Bananas song - another healthy snack song.
- Read Stone Soup story - reflect on how working together can accomplish a lot.
- Use this Games Tigers Play adventure as a step towards earning the National Den award.
- Tell the Chain minute at a den meeting.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Scouts