Trained Strip Award
Scouts and adults may earn the Trained Strip by completing required training for their position.
The strip is worn centered directly below and touching the emblem of leadership for which it was earned on the left sleeve of the uniform.
Youth in leadership positions earn the Trained Strip by attending the three modules included in the Troop Leadership Training course.
The modules are basically:
- What a leader must know
- What a leader must be
- What a leader must do
When a scout leaves the specific position for which the training was received, the scout should remove the Trained Strip. When the scout assumes a new leadership role and attends training for that role, the patch can be worn again.
The following lists the minimum training required for adults to earn the Trained Strip. There are other valuable training programs, such as Wood Badge, available to adults so please take advantage of them to improve the program you offer the scouts:
- Cubmasters, Den Leaders, Pack Committee members attend Fast Start Orientation, New Leader Essentials and Cub Scout Leader Specific Training course.
- Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters attend Fast Start Orientation, New Leader Essentials, Scoutmaster Specific Training, and Outdoor Leader Skills.
- Troop Committee members attend Fast Start Orientation, New Leader Essentials and Troop Committee Challenge.
- Venturing Crew Advisors, Assistant Advisors, and Crew Committee members attend Fast Start Orientation, New Leader Essentials and Venturing Leader Specific Training.
Find out more details about adult training on my Trained Leader page.
Click one to vote:
May 09, 2015 - Steven Lloyder
Jun 22, 2015 - David Amble
That depends. Are you an officer in the troop/district/council. I believe that the trained strip only applies to positions in which there is an office patch to put the strip under. MBC's on their own do not have a patch, so I would say no. National should be able to be more definitive.
Apr 01, 2019 - jodi
Jan 22, 2022 - Ashley
Jan 22, 2022 - Scouter Paul
@Ashley - If you've completed YPT and the required training for your position in my.scouting.org, you can wear the patch. As treasurer, you are a member of the pack committee and an adult leader. See Cub Scout Leader Training Thanks to you and your husband for helping the pack!
Sep 19, 2022 - Michael
Sep 19, 2022 - Scouter Paul
- Ask a Question - Add Content
Just for Fun: Socializing merit badge
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Scouts