Hinky Pinks Activity
(also know as Stinky Pinks or Hinky Pinkys)
This is a great way to waste time around a campfire, on long car rides, standing in line, or whenever there's nothing better going on.
One scout thinks of two rhyming words and then makes up a definition that describes the two words. The scout also states what kind of rhyme it is, using these rules:
- Hink Pink - two one-syllable words
- Hinky Pinky - two two-syllable words
- Hinkity Pinkity - two three-syllable words
- Hitinkity Pitinkity - two four-syllable words
- Combos - any combination of syllables is allowed. For example, a three-syllable and 2-syllable combo would be called a Hinkity Pinky
Everyone else strains their brains trying to come up with rhyming words that fit the definition.
Whoever gets it first, gets to throw out the next Hink Pink - but often someone else already has one ready to go.
Here are a few simple examples:
- Hink Pink - insect toupee (bug rug)
- Hink Pink - bathroom illuminator (night light)
- Hinky Pinky - rabbit that tells jokes (funny bunny)
- Hinky Pinky - keeps small cats paws warm (kitten mitten)
- Hinkity Pinkity - where the commander in chief lives (president's residence)
- Hinkity Pinkity - many boats crewed by large apes (gorilla flotilla)
Click one to vote:
- Ask a Question - Add Content
Just for Fun: Socializing merit badge
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Scouts
Kodali leela rani on Ging Gang Goolee song
Kelly Neal on Im a Nut song
christy on First Aid MB
Cooper on Dog Care MB
Alfio Vasta on In The Dark skit
Leo Belman on Caissons song
Linda C on Mine Hand song
Blanca garcia on Clove Hitch activity
Scouter Paul on Scouting 4 FoodMore Comments...