Public Speaking Merit Badge
Requirements for the Public Speaking merit badge:
- Give a three- to five-minute introduction of yourself to an audience such as your troop, class at school, or some other group.
- Prepare a three- to five-minute talk on a topic of your choice that incorporates body language and visual aids.
- Give an impromptu talk of at least two minutes, either as part of a group discussion or before your counselor. Use a subject selected by your counselor that is interesting to you but that is not known to you in advance and for which you do not have time to prepare.
- Select a topic of interest to your audience. Collect and organize information about this topic and prepare an outline. Write an eight- to 10-minute speech, practice it, then deliver it in the conversational way.
- Show you know parliamentary procedure by leading a discussion or meeting according to accepted rules of order; or by answering questions on the rules of order.
Public Speaking Worksheet
- Ask a Question - Add Content
Just for Fun: Socializing merit badge
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Scouts
Rebecca Sojourner on Duty to God
Kade on Tarzan song
Taj Olsen on Monkeys story
Wayne Burress on Ghost Chickens song
Esther Teichert on Boom Chicka Boom song
Hi there on Books Never Written
Hi there on Astronaut joke
Marci on My Dog Rover song
Tom Barrymore on Talking Dog joke
Michelle on Genealogy MBMore Comments...