50 Miler Award
The primary objective of this program is to stimulate Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, and Venturer interest in the ideals of the movement and to promote activity that will result in personal fitness, self-reliance, knowledge of wood lore, and a practical understanding of conservation.
Chartered unit participation is most desirable; however, provisional groups are eligible. This award does not apply if any other is available for a trip.
The new patch is shown above the older patch.
The 50 Miler Award is available as a Cloth or Leather Patch or a Decal.
It is NOT worn on the Uniform, but may be attached to equipment, jackets, backpacks, patch vests or blankets, etc.
The 50-Miler Award is presented to each qualifying individual for satisfactory participation in an approved trip. In order to qualify for the award the group of which the individual is a member must fulfill all of the following requirements.
- Make complete and satisfactory plans for the trip, including the possibilities of advancement, conservation, leadership, and service.
- Cover the trail or canoe or boat route of not less than 50 consecutive miles; take a minimum of 5 consecutive days to complete the trip without the aid of motors. (In some areas pack animals may be used.)
- During the time on the trail or waterway, complete a minimum of 10 hours each of group work on projects to improve the trail, springs, campsite, portage or area. If after checking with recognized authorities, it is not possible to complete 10 hours each of group work on the trail, a similar project may be done in the unit's home area ( There should be no unauthorized cutting of brush or timber.)
- Unit or tour leader must then file a 50-Miler Award application with the local council service center. This application gives additional details about planning the trip.
Click one to vote:
May 18, 2021 - Obie
May 18, 2021 - Scouter Paul
Aug 16, 2021 - Vincent
Aug 19, 2021 - Scouter Paul
Aug 09, 2022 - Wes k
Aug 10, 2022 - Scouter Paul
Mar 13, 2023 - George L
Mar 14, 2023 - Scouter Paul
- Ask a Question - Add Content
Just for Fun: Socializing merit badge
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Scouts