Cub Scouts Music Academics Belt Loop and Pin
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Music Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain why music is an important part of our culture.
- Learn a song with at least two verses and sing the verses with your den or to an adult family member.
- Listen to four different types of music either recorded or live.
Requirements for the Music Pin
Earn the Music belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Make a musical instrument and play it for your family, den, or pack.
- Teach your den a song.
- Play a song by yourself or in a group, in unison or in harmony.
- Create an original melody and/or original words for a song.
- Using a tape recorder, capture natural sounds of the environment or record songs you create, and use your recording as a soundtrack for a short skit or as background for a movement activity.
- Attend a live musical performance or concert.
- Demonstrate conducting patterns for two songs using two different meters (two-, three-, or four-beat meter) while your adult partner or den members sing or play the songs you have selected.
- Take voice or dance lessons or lessons to learn to play an instrument.
- Create movements to a piece of music without words to demonstrate the moods of the music: happy, sad, calm, excited, playful, inspired.
- Learn about a composer of some music that you enjoy. Tell your den or an adult family member what you learned about him or her.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Scouts