Cub Scouts Gymnastics Sports Belt Loop and Pin
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Gymnastics Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the six events of men's gymnastics: floor exercise, pommel horse, still rings, vaulting/side horse, parallel bars, and horizontal bar.
- Explain the safety rules you should follow to learn gymnastics.
- Participate in an exercise from three of the six events using the proper equipment and techniques.
Requirements for the Gymnastics Pin
Earn the Gymnastics belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Write a report on the history of gymnastics. Tell your den or an adult family member what you learned.
- Take gymnastics lessons.
- Attend a gymnastics meet.
- Practice and demonstrate five floor exercise skills.
- Practice and demonstrate two skills used on the pommel horse.
- Demonstrate two skills on the still rings.
- Demonstrate two skills using parallel bars.
- Demonstrate two skills using the horizontal bar.
- Demonstrate a vault using the side horse.
- Develop a regular routine of physical and mental conditioning.
- Learn about three U.S. gymnasts who have won medals in the Olympics. Tell your den or an adult family member what you learned about them.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
Just for Fun: Socializing merit badge
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Scouts