Knight's Code Minute
This Minute is meant for Scouts BSA.
- Be always ready with your armor on, except when you are taking your rest at night.
- Defend the poor, and help them that cannot defend themselves.
- Do nothing to hurt or offend anyone alse.
- Be prepared to fight in the defense of your country.
- At whatever you are working, try to win honor and a name for honesty.
- Never break your promise.
- Maintain the honor of your country with your life.
- Rather die honest than live shamelessly.
- Chivalry requires that youth should be trained to perform the most laborious and humble offices with cheerfulness and grace; and to do good unto others.
I've made copies of this for each scout and had the troop recite it for my scoutmaster minute. Then, I say that the Scout Handbook from the 1940s has this code in it. Even though the BSA is 100 years old, the roots of our Scout Oath go back much, much further than that.
Click one to vote:
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
Just for Fun: Socializing merit badge
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Scouts
suzanne on Sat On Hillside song
For Ukraine on Lucky Boxer skit
Scouter Paul on Boy Scout Awards
Scouter Paul on Personal Fitness mb
Scouter Paul on Tenderfoot
Scouter Paul on Art m.b.
Rob on Ging Gang Goolee song
Doug Wheeler on Schedule
gavin mannon on Art m.b.
George Washington on TenderfootMore Comments...