Scuba Diving Merit Badge
Requirements for the Scuba Diving merit badge:
- Do the following.
- Show that you know first aid for injuries or illnesses that could occur while scuba diving, including hypothermia, hyperventilation, squeezes, decompression illness, nitrogen narcosis, motion sickness, fatigue, overexertion, heat reactions, dehydration, injuries by aquatic life, and cuts and scrapes.
- Identify the conditions that must exist before performing CPR on a person, and explain how to recognize such conditions. Demonstrate the proper technique for performing CPR using a training device approved by your counselor.
- Before completing requirements 3 through 6, earn the Swimming merit badge.
- Discuss the Scuba Diver's Code with your merit badge counselor, and explain the importance of each guideline to a scuba diver's safety.
- Earn an Open Water Diver Certification from a scuba organization recognized by the Boy Scouts of America scuba policy.
- Explain what an ecosystem is, and describe four aquatic ecosystems a diver might experience.
- Find out about three career opportunities in the scuba industry. Pick one and find out the education, training, and experience required for this profession. Discuss this with your counselor, and explain why this profession might interest you.
Jan 03, 2023 - Cam M
Is there an age requirement, also do I need any other merit badges to do it?
Jan 03, 2023 - Scouter Paul
@Cam - There is no age requirement defined by the BSA, but some scuba instructor for requirement #4 may have minimum age requirements. Requirement #2 states: Before completing requirements 3 through 6, earn the Swimming merit badge.
- Ask a Question - Add Content
Just for Fun: Socializing merit badge
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Scouts
Kelly Neal on Im a Nut song
christy on First Aid MB
Cooper on Dog Care MB
Alfio Vasta on In The Dark skit
Leo Belman on Caissons song
Linda C on Mine Hand song
Blanca garcia on Clove Hitch activity
Scouter Paul on Scouting 4 Food
Royce on Scouting 4 FoodMore Comments...