Painting Merit Badge
Requirements for the Painting merit badge:
- Explain the proper safety procedures to follow when preparing surfaces and applying coatings.
- Do the following:
- Explain three ways that coatings can improve a surface.
- Explain where you would apply enamel paint, flat paint, wood stain, and varnish, and explain the importance of sheen.
- Tell why each is best for these uses.
- Prepare and paint two different surfaces using patching material, caulking, and the proper primers and topcoats. Suggested projects include an interior or exterior wall, a door, a piece of furniture, a concrete wall or floor , a porch rail, or a fence. Your counselor must preapprove the projects.
- Prepare and paint an item using harmonizing colors that you have selected using the color wheel in this book.
- Show the right way to use, clean, maintain, and store painting equipment.
- Explain the importance of ladder safety, personal hygiene, and the use of personal protective equipment when painting.
- Explain some of the environmental and health issues concerning removing paint, applying paint, and discarding old paint.
- Find out about career opportunities in the painting craft. Discuss the training and experience required, and explain why this profession might interest you.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
Just for Fun: Socializing merit badge
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Scouts
Scouter Paul on Sports MB
Charles Diamond on Sports MB
Lisa Renee Renrick on Old Smokey song
Mark Smith on Camping MB
Scouter Paul on Contest
Michael Black on Contest
Scouter Paul on Aviation m.b.
Robert Dusher on Aviation m.b.
Jill Summary on Wolf Adventures
John on Greased Watermelon gameMore Comments...