Scouts In the News
Today, scouts are in the news for quite a range of topics. The most common two reasons for a scout to be in the news are their Eagle rank and their obituary. But, here are a few different news topics regarding Scouting:
- Record Eagles - In Florida's Withlacoochee District, this past year has seen a ton of Eagles. The pandemic has evidently allowed for more advancement work to be done, whoda thunk?
- ARC Kits - This Eagle candidate created kits to help with anxiety and provided them to local rescue squads. The contents are to help calm patients in stress.
- VA Center Games - Scouts fixed up and outdoor basketball court and built game equipment at their local VA Medical Center. A good outdoor project that I hope gets lots of use.
- Native American Concerns - Mic-O-Say, OA, and all use of Native American culture in the BSA continues to be criticized. A OA Notice was issued this year and needs to be followed.
- Scouts Help Lord's Cupboard - another impactful community service program. There's always some way that scouts can step up and help out.
- Community Gardener - Sounds like a great way to be outdoors during a pandemic, raising food for local food pantries.
- YAST - Yet Another Stolen Trailer - but this guy got caught. Stealing a scout trail just seems like a tough way to make some cash.
So, congratulations to those new Eagles, keep doing good deeds, and keep an eye on your trailer.Scout On!
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Scouts