Webelos Badge Requirements
This information is out of date.
- Have an adult member of your family read and sign the Parent Guide in the front of the Webelos Scout Book.
- Be an active member of your Webelos den for 3 months.
- Know and explain the meaning of the Webelos badge.
- Point out and explain the three parts of the Webelos Scout uniform. Tell when to wear the uniform and when not to wear it.
- Earn the Fitness and Citizen activity badges and one other activity badge from a different activity badge group.
- Plan and lead a flag ceremony in your den that includes the U.S. flag.
- Show that you know and understand the requirements to be a Boy Scout.
- Demonstrate the Scout salute, Scout sign, and Scout handshake. Explain when you would use them.
- Explain the Scout Oath, Scout Law, Scout motto, and Scout slogan.
- Explain and agree to follow the Outdoor Code.
After completing the rest of requirement 8, do these (a, b, and c):
- Know: Tell what you have learned about faith.
- Commit: Tell how these faith experiences help you live your duty to God. Name one faith practice that you will continue to do in the future.
- Practice: After doing these requirements, tell what you have learned about your beliefs.
And do one of these (d OR e):
- Earn the religious emblem of your faith*
- Do two of these: (Use this Worksheet to track activity)
- Attend the mosque, church, synagogue, temple, or other religious organization of your choice, talk with your religious leader about your beliefs. Tell your family and your Webelos den leader what you learned.
- Discuss with your family and Webelos den leader how your religious beliefs fit in with the Scout Oath and Scout Law, and what character-building traits your religious beliefs have in common with the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
- With your religious leader, discuss and make a plan to do two things you think will help you draw nearer to God. Do these things for a month.
- For at least a month, pray or meditate reverently each day as taught by your family, and by your church, temple, mosque, synagogue, or religious group.
- Under the direction of your religious leader, do an act of service for someone else. Talk about your service with your family and Webelos den leader. Tell them how it made you feel.
- List at least two ways you believe you have lived according to your religious beliefs.
* If you earned your faith's religious emblem earlier in Cub Scouting and your faith does not have a Webelos religious emblem, you must complete requirement 8e.
Completion of requirement 8e does not qualify a youth to receive the religious emblem of his faith.
Online Webelos Badge Test
Compass Points Emblem Requirements
- Earn the Webelos Badge.
- Earn four more activity badges for a total of seven to receive the compass points emblem.
- Earn one compass point pin for each additional four activity badges.
- 11 activity badges - first point
- 15 activity badges -
- 19 activity badges - third point
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Scouts
James murtagh on Song Search
Clara on Announcements song
Tyler on Scoutmaster joke
Bill (William) Marshall on Philmont grace
Rose Marie Lewis on Weather MB
Carl Buehler on Radio m.b.
Chris L on Emergency Skit
JOANNA L MYHR-ARRISON on Billboard song
EBAY on One Bright Morning skit
Matthew on Tattoo MBMore Comments...