The 2011 Guide to Advancement is ready. It has a few significant changes and gives individual units more room to define their own expectations:
- Active Participation requirements updated. Units can set their own 'active' expectations.
- Position of Responsibility requirements updated. Units can set expectations to define the fulfillment of the position.
- Merit badge section revampd.
- Info about wearing uniform to Board of Review clarified - uniforms can not be mandatory.
- Changes in the Eagle Scout Service Project requirement.
- Awards and recognitions moved to a separate Guide to Awards and Insignia.
Councils may choose to make a transition over the next few months from the former advancement publication to the new Guide to Advancement. After January 1, however, the new guide must be consulted for all advancement procedures.
It would be a good idea to get this new document into the hands of your unit committee chair, advancement chair, and scoutmaster/advisor/cubmaster as soon as you can.Download 2011 Guide to Advancement
- 4.5MB PDF
Posted: 8:37 10-10-2011 682 Previous Post Next Post
archives: 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005
Site Disclosure Statement