Cub Scouts Golf Sports Belt Loop and Pin
> > > Triple Prizes < < <
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Golf Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of golf to your leader or adult partner. Explain the need for caution concerning golf clubs and golf balls.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing golfing skills at a driving range.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing golfing skills at a chipping/putting range.
Requirements for the Golf Pin
Earn the Golf belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Explain the use of woods and irons. Explain their differences.
- Explain how par is determined for a hole.
- Demonstrate the proper grip of the club to your leader, adult partner, or instructor.
- Spend 30 minutes, over one or two practice periods, practicing the swing styles: full swing, approach swing, and putting swing.
- Spend 30 minutes, over one or two practice periods, practicing aim, stance, and the address position.
- Draw a diagram of a typical golf hole, from tee to green.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the use and care of golf equipment: clubs, ball, tee, bag, shoes, and gloves.
- Describe the composition of a regulation golf ball.
- Take golf lessons.
- Spend 30 minutes, over one or two practice periods, hitting balls on a driving range.
- Play miniature golf.
Golf Online Resources
Mark Kodra on Photography MB
Ian Stuart on Signs Signals Codes mb
Scouter Paul on Personal Fitness mb
Jose on Personal Fitness mb
Sarah on Belt Loops
Terry Goldmen on Stories
Dave on Square Knots
Scouter Paul on Climbing MB
Bob on Climbing MB
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America