Cub Scouts Basketball Sports Belt Loop and Pin
> > > Triple Prizes < < <
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Basketball Belt Loop
- Explain the rules of basketball to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing basketball skills.
- Participate in a basketball game.
Requirements for the Basketball Pin
Earn the Basketball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community basketball tournament.
- Demonstrate effective passing using the chest pass, bounce pass, over-the-head pass, and baseball pass.
- Successfully demonstrate the set shot and jump shot shooting styles.
- Demonstrate skill in the following dribbling techniques: high dribble, low dribble, turnable dribble, change-of-pace dribble, and combination dribble.
- On three different occasions, practice 10 minutes of individual defensive skills.
- Explain and demonstrate 10 official basketball signals.
- Play three shot-improving games with a member of your den or team.
- Play five games of basketball.
- Participate in a basketball clinic.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional basketball game.
Basketball Online Resources
- NBA.com - National Basketball Association
Nick Coffey on Wolf Scouts
Mickie Hammel on Cub Scouts
Mickie Hammel on Den Chief award
Barbara Lynn Terry on Davy Crockett song
Michelle Maffey on Recognition
Joe on Den Chief award
Joe on Archery belt loop
Joe on Bicycling belt loop
Kelly Jerominski on Bicycling belt loop
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America