This is a traditional observation game.
Collect a number of items and place them under a tarp or sheet.
Have the scouts gather around and uncover the items for 1 minute.
Cover the items and have each scout write down every item he remembers. The one with the most has demonstrated the best observation and recollection skills. Alterations
- Have patrol members combine lists to come up with the best patrol list.
- Give patrols 30 seconds to discuss and prepare before viewing the items and then work together to make a list.
- Have a guest give a 1 minute talk about some topic of interest and then leave the room. Have people or patrols make a list of what he was wearing.
- Use ropes of different colors to tie various knots. Have scouts list color of rope and name of knot it tied.
- Have two leaders and two backpacks, one full of camping items. Leader takes item from pack, names it, and tosses it to other leader who puts it in his pack. When all items are in 2nd pack, leader puts it on and leaves the room while scouts write down all the items.
- Send each patrol to a separate room or place where they can not see each other. Each patrol makes a list of all the other scouts here today, but not on their team.