National Summertime Pack Award
A pack can qualify for the National Summertime Pack Award by planning and conducting three pack activities - one each in June, July, and August. This award can be an incentive for greater attendance at your summer pack activities.
Individual scouts that participate in all three pack events can receive the National Summertime Pack Award pin. Starting in 2008, there is a different color pin for each Cub Scout rank so earning the pin each year has more incentive.
Qualifying packs receive a colorful streamer for their pack flag.
Dens with an average attendance of at least half their members at the three summer pack events will be eligible for a colorful den participation ribbon.
The purpose of the National Summertime Pack Award is to encourage packs to provide a year-round program by continuing to meet during the time periods when school is out of session for several weeks or months. If a pack is in a 'year-round school' (or is part of a home-school association), the pack could earn the Summertime Pack Award by having a special pack activity during those breaks.
A scout that earns the Summertime Pack Award pin should display it pinned on the right pocket flap. Multiple pins may be displayed from each year it is earned.
If the scout has also earned the Outdoor Activity Award, it should be sewn on the right pocket flap and then the Summertime pin pinned through the patch.
I've not been able to find 'official' info on the ranked Summertime Pack awards yet, but the local Scout Shop folks agreed with me on this interpretation...
Since the goal of the Summertime award is to have Packs continue the program through the summer, the summertime award scouts receive should match their current rank rather than the rank they are working on.
- 1st grade - earn Tiger rank
- summer - earn Tiger summertime pin
- 2nd grade - earn Wolf rank
- summer - earn Wolf summertime pin
- 3rd grade - earn Bear rank
- summer - earn Bear summertime pin
- 4th grade - earn Webelos rank
- summer - earn Webelos summertime pin
- 5th grade - earn Arrow of Light, move on to Boy Scouts
Download the Application for the National Summertime Pack Award.
Click one to vote:
Did you like it?
Or hate it?
May 10, 2013 - Margrit Thomassen
1. If 1 boy from each den goes to the planned event for June, July, August does the pack qualify for this event?
2. The 50% rules applies to Dens correct? Or does it apply for total number of scouts that must attend each event?
3. Only the scouts that participate in the events earn the award?
2. It applies to dens.
3. There are two awards - a ribbon for qualifying packs, or a pin for qualifying individual scouts.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys