Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award
Cub Scouts at all levels from Tiger to Webelos can earn the Outdoor Activity Award. When the award is first earned, the scout receives the pocket flap award, worn on the right pocket flap of his uniform.
In each additional year that he earns the award, a wolf track pin is attached to the flap. The Summertime Pack Award pin should be pinned through this patch just like the wolf track pins.
Successive years should build on skills and experiences from earlier years, having the scouts participate in more extensive activities.
Scouts at all ranks must attend Cub Scout day camp or Cub Scout/Webelos Scout resident camp in the current program year.
Complete the Backyard Jungle adventure, and complete four of the outdoor activities listed below.
Complete the Paws on the Path adventure, and complete five of the outdoor activities listed below.
Bear Cub Scouts
Complete the Bear Necessities adventure, and complete six of the outdoor activities listed below.
Complete the Webelos Walkabout adventure, and complete seven of the outdoor activities listed below.
These activities must be in addition to any similar activities counted toward rank advancement and can be accomplished as a family, a den, or a pack.
- Participate in a nature hike in your local area. This can be on an organized, marked trail, or just a hike to observe nature in your area.
- Participate in an outdoor activity such as a picnic or or a fun day in a park.
- Explain the buddy system. and tell what to do if lost. Explain the importance of cooperation.
- Attend a pack overnighter. Be responsible by being prepared for the event.
- Complete an outdoor service project in your community.
- Complete a nature/conservation project in your area. This project should involve improving, beautifying, or supporting natural habitats. Discuss how this project helped you to respect nature.
- Participate in your pack's earning the Summertime Pack Award.
- Participate in a nature observation activity. Describe or illustrate and display your observations at a den or pack meeting.
- Participate in an outdoor aquatics activity. This can be an organized swim meet or just a den, pack, or family swim.
- Participate in an outdoor campfire program. Perform in a skit, sing a song, or take part in a ceremony.
- Participate in an outdoor sporting event.
- Participate in an outdoor Scouts Own or other worship service.
- Explore a local city, county, state, or national park. Discuss with your den how a good citizen obeys the park rules.
- Invent an outside game, and play it outside with friends for 30 minutes.
Click one to vote:
Did you like it?
Or hate it?
Mar 11, 2013 - Chris B.
Each year we are encouraged to have a Spring recruitment to sign-up Kindergartners graduating into first grade. These scouts can sign-up as Tigers and attend a summer camp an earn this award as Tigers
We asked our district and they said it's either way, what ever helps the kids earn the award. So that's what we go with, if they don't join the summer between k-1st then they earn it the summer between Tiger and Wolf.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys