usy 2 B
This entire past week, I've been running back and forth, round and round, over and under. But, today I got to take a big breath and relax!
In a nutshell,
- Got a loaner sewing machine
- Finished sewing my backpack
- Sewed a 2nd sleeping quilt
- Hiked about 40 miles
- Presented CPR/AED training
- Presented Wilderness First Aid training
- Got a couple new supporters of my long hikes
- Met some great AZ Scouters online
- Gave neckerchief slide blanks and pocketknives to the troop
- Got new shoes for my AZ hike
I emailed some scoutmasters in Arizona, letting them know about my hike plans for the Arizona Trail
and how they and their scouts can join my ScoutStrong Challenge
- you can too. A couple troops are hoping to hike with me somewhere along the trail. A scouter might let me stay at his cabin. And, another might help me reach the trailhead and hike the first few days with me.
Whenever I interact with folks in the Scouting community, I'm always amazed at how supportive and helpful they are. When presenting my Red Cross training, it usually takes 10 minutes to clean everything up and pack my car when I'm with Scouters versus the 30 minutes or more when it's just the general public. It's a high bar you all set for the rest of us to reach - keep it up!
Posted: 13:12 02-21-2012 750 Previous Post Next Post
archives: 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005
Site Disclosure Statement