Paul Bunyan Woodsman Award
A scout that has earned his Totin' Chip can demonstrate advanced woodsman skills by teaching Totin' Chip skills to other scouts and completing a woodsman work project.
There is a wallet card and patch for backpack or blanket available.
To earn this certification, study the Boy Scout Handbook and the Camping merit badge pamphlet, and demonstrate to your Scoutmaster or other qualified person the following:
- Show that you have earned the Totin' Chip.
- Help a Scout or patrol earn the Totin' Chip and demonstrate to them the value of proper woods-tools use on a troop camping trip.
- With official approval and supervision do ONE of the following:
- Clear trails or fire lanes for 2 hours.
- Trim a downed tree, cut into 4-foot lengths and stack; make a brush pile with branches.
- Build a natural retaining wall or irrigation way to aid in a planned conservation effort.
Click one to vote:
Did you like it?
Or hate it?
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys