Cinematography Merit Badge
Requirements for the Cinematography merit badge:
- Do the following:
- Explain and demonstrate the proper elements of a good motion picture. In your discussion, include visual storytelling, rhythm, the 180-degree axis rule, camera movement, framing and composition of camera shots, and lens selection.
- Discuss the Cinematographer's role in the moviemaking process.
- Do the following:
- In a three- or four-paragraph treatment, tell the story you plan to film, making sure that the treatment conveys a visual picture.
- Prepare a storyboard for your motion picture (This can be done with rough sketches and stick figures.)
- Demonstrate the following motion picture shooting techniques:
- Using a tripod
- Panning a camera
- Framing a shot
- Selecting an angle
- Selecting proper lighting
- Handheld shooting
- Using motion picture techniques, plan ONE of the following programs. Start with a treatment, and complete the requirement by presenting this program to a pack or your troop, patrol, or class.
- Film or videotape a court of honor and show it to an audience.
- Create a short feature of your own design using the techniques you learned.
- Shoot a vignette that could be used to train a new Scout in a Scouting skill.
- Do ONE of the following:
- With your parent's permission and your counselor's approval, visit a film set or a television production studio and watch how production work is done.
- Explain to your counselor the elements of the zoom lens and three important parts.
- Find out about three career opportunities in cinematography. Pick one and find out about the education, training, and experience required for this profession. Discuss this with your counselor. Explain why this profession might interest you.
Sep 01, 2013 - Douglas Palmer
Time saving and easy to follow web page. Being able to print the required information makes this the perfect help mate. Thanks for this web page.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
Karen Carpenter on Old Smokey song
Bill Coward on Uniforms
TANYA LEWIS on Woodcarving mb
Scouted Paul on Family Life MB
Scouted Paul on Boy Scout Uniform
Fabel Konicke on Spoof Merit Badges
Fabel Konicke on Boy Scout Uniform
Preston on Smokey Bear song
Mimi on Rattlesnake Story
qwerty on /blog/1322.aspMore Comments...