Webelos Stronger Faster Higher Adventure
Adventure Goal: Improve physical fitness and good health.
Complete Requirements 1-3 and at least one other.
- Understand and explain why you should warm up before exercising and cool down afterward. Demonstrate the proper way to warm up and cool down.
- Do these activities and record your results: 20 yard dash, vertical jump, lifting a 5 pound weight, push-ups, curls, jumping rope.
- Make an exercise plan that includes at least three physical activities. Carry out your plan for 30 days, and write down your progress each week.
- Try a new sport that you have never tried before.
- With your den, prepare a fitness course or series of games that includes jumping, avoiding obstacles, weight lifting, and running. Time yourself going through the course, and try to improve your time over a two week period.
- With adult guidance, help younger Scouts by leading them in a fitness game or games.
Ideas for Adventure Requirements:
- If scouts in your den tend toward a sedentary lifestyle, it is very easy to strain muscles when beginning physical activities. Boys may very well feel that warming up is silly, but it is a good habit to form. More information can be read from American Heart Association.
- Remember that Scouting is more of a competition with yourself to improve, rather than to do better than someone else. A quick reminder that scouts are Loyal, Friendly, Kind, Cheerful, and Brave might be useful - and how that means trying things we're not expert at and supporting our denmates in their attempts. See the descriptions in the Webelos Handbook for doing each exercise.
- You can print the Fitness Chart for each scout. Use exercises from requirement #2, or write in other exercises.
- A few ideas for the obstacle course: Races, Exercises, Silly Olympics, or 3-Step Race. Scouts can improve their times by practicing the muscle activities at home, without needing the obstacle course.
- This is a great opportunity to practice leadership skills. Discussing safety, encouraging others, and fair play beforehand is helpful. Plan this well in advance of the Pack meeting with the other Pack leaders, or invite a Bear or Wolf den to your den meeting to try the games.
- Ultimate frisbee is a great sport that continues to gain momentum and costs nothing to play.
Den Meeting Ideas for Stronger Faster Higher Adventure:
- Play Ankle Fights
- Play Back Lifts
- Play Crab Scuttle
- Use FQ minute.
- Play Fitness Relay
- Make fitness a part of your den's style and use something like this Fitness Challenge to promote continuous improvement.
- Consider going for the Physical Fitness award
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
Teresa Mullins on Cub Scouts
Kim Jurgens on Aviation m.b.
Angelina Meyers on Red Skelton minute
John Mitchell on Stamp Collecting MB
Ann MacPhail on PB&J Song
Yukon Jack on James West award
Jonas Peter Chisale on Handshake Minute
A. Cluff on /content/skit/not_enough_parachutes-121.asp
Steve Schaefer on Photography MB
Paul on James West awardMore Comments...