Imagine you have a bank account that receives a deposit of $86,400 every morning. At the end of the day, whatever money is left is confiscated by the bank. What would you do each day?
(why, spend it all every day, of course)
You actually do have an account just like that - it's called TIME
Every morning, you are credited with 86,400 seconds to use as you like. Every night, when you go to sleep, your account is cleared.
You can't carry over seconds, you can't borrow from future seconds, you either use 'em or lose 'em each day.
How valuable is that time? Well, to understand the value of ...
- ONE YEAR, ask a student who failed a grade.
- ONE WEEK, ask a farmer after an early frost.
- ONE DAY, ask the editor of a weekly newspaper.
- ONE HOUR, ask the mother waiting for her son's plane to land.
- ONE MINUTE, ask a person who missed the train.
- ONE SECOND, ask a person who just avoided an accident.
- ONE MILLISECOND, ask the person who won a silver medal in the Olympics.
You must live in the present on today's deposit of time. Invest it to get from it the utmost in health, happiness, and success! The clock is running. Make the most of today.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift - that's why it's called the present!