You are Taking Scouting Too Seriously If... Joke
- You buy that '89 Chevy Caprice because you really like that fleur de lis hood ornament
- Your favorite color is "olive drab"
- You decide to lash together the new deck on the back of your house
- You plan to serve foil meals at your next dinner party
- You walk the streets in broad daylight with a coffee cup and flashlight hanging from your belt
- You raise your hand in the scout sign at a heated business meeting
- You were arrested by airport security because you wouldn't give up your official Boy Scout pocket knife until the officer said "thank you"
- You didn't mind losing power to your house for three days
- Your son hides his copy of Leader Magazine from you
- Your plans for remodeling the bathroom include digging the hole deeper
- You trade your 25 foot center console fishing boat in on that great little 15 foot canoe
- Your favorite movie is "Follow Me Boys" staring Fred MacMurry, and you spent months trying to convince Disney to release it on home video
- You managed to find that 8th day in the week
- You disconnect the automatic dishwasher in favor of the "3 pot method"
- You sneak a cup of "bug juice" after the troop turns in for the night
- You can start a fire by rubbing two sticks together
- Latrines at camp start becoming comfortable
- You think campaign hats are cool
- You gave your wife a mummy bag rated for -15 deg F for Christmas
- You name one of your kids Baden
- Your favorite tune is "Camp Granada"
- You can recite the Cub Law and Promise backwards, in order, in 3 seconds flat
- You bought 10,000 shares of Coleman stock on an inside tip they were about to release a microwave accessory for their camp stove line
- You can't eat eggs anymore unless they are cooked in a zip-lock bag
- You plan to get rich by writing a best selling Dutch Oven cook book
- You took a chemistry course at the local college to help you develop a better fire starter
- You actually own a left-handed smoke shifter
- The height of your social season is the district recognition dinner
- You were disappointed when Leader magazine didn't win the Pulitzer Prize last year
- The Scouts in your troop chipped in to have you abducted by a professional cult de-programmer.
Click one to vote:
Did you like it?
Or hate it?
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys