This Award is meant for Boy Scouts.
Discontinued in 2012
- see International Spirit Award
For wear by scouts and scouters that have completed an international exchange program.
The patch is worn centered on the right pocket since it is a temporary emblem.
International Youth Exchange Emblem requirements:
- Participate for at least five days in a group exchange program, visiting a Scout group in another nation.* This visit can involve home hospitality, joint camping with the host group, or another joint activity.
- Participate for at least five days in a group exchange program, hosting a Scout group from another nation in
your community.* This can involve home hospitality, joint camping with the guest group, or another joint activity.
- Plan activities, as both host and guest, that will provide both parties opportun-ities to learn about each otherís countries, cultures, and Scout associations.
- Exchange groups must be at least patrols or crews of six to eight Scouts or Venturers with two adult leaders.
The exchange group must complete all requirements to qualify for recognition.
Each individual in the group must complete all requirements to qualify. Certification of an individual for the International Youth Exchange emblem is the responsibility of the unit leader or a designated representative.
Unit representatives may order the emblems (No. ID-214) from the International Division at a cost of $4 per emblem. Please make check or money order payable to the Boy Scouts of America. Please provide documentation of exchange when ordering emblems.( * Under special circumstances, the exchange can be with a non-Scout youth group from a nation without a recognized Scout program, if approved in advance by the International Division.)
The International Division
Boy Scouts of America
1325 West Walnut Hill Lane
P.O. Box 152079
Irving, TX 75015-2079
Use Emblem order form
to purchase patches.