This Activity is meant for Boy Scouts.
Each patrol leader is responsible for writing down his patrol's answers as well as making sure his patrol's name is on each notecard turned in.
When a question is read, the patrol writes down its answer as quickly as possible. The notecard is then run to the scoring judge.
The judge puts a mark on the first card received to indicate it was turned in first. The judge then checks the answer for accuracy, writes the score on the card, and puts it in a pile for that patrol.
When all the questions have been asked, the scoring judge tallies the scores and gives 5 extra points for every notecard turned in first.
Use as many questions as you have time for and interest remains.
Maybe use 5 questions in a round and award a winner for each round.
Give 1 point for every correct item in a list. It might be better to NOT say the number of items. For example, say, "Name the Beattles" rather than "Name the four Beattles". Astute patrols may just run a blank sheet up to the front quickly if they know a mark for being first turned in is worth 5 points and a completely correct answer is only worth 3 points. Or, do not announce the value for being the first turned in answer.
- Name Santa's nine reindeer
- Name the seven dwarfs in Snow White
- Name the eight planets
- Name the original 13 American colonies
- Name the seven continents
- Name the five United States that touch the Pacific Ocean
- Name the four Beatles
- Name the four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Give the value of pi to 6 places
- List the three main parts of an egg
- List the 7 colors in a rainbow in correct order from outside to inside
- What three colors are used in a color printer
- Name three villans that Batman fought on TV
- Name the capitols of Canada, USA, and Mexico
- Name the face cards in a suit from lowest to highest
- Name the five departments of the Armed Forces
- List the 6 smallest non-negative prime integers
- Name Christopher Columbus's 3 ships
- Name the 5 coins smaller than a dollar
- Name the presidents on Mt. Rushmore in order from left to right
- List the months with 31 days
- Name the 4 railroads on a Monopoly board
- Name the 4 suits in a card deck
- Name 8 of the 11 states that border Canada
- Name the 5 oceans of the world
- List the 5 colors of rings on the Olympic flag
- List the events in the decathlon
- Rudolph, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen
- Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Sneezy, Sleep, Grumpy, Happy
- Earth, Jupiter, Mars, Mercury, Neptune, Saturn, Uranus, Venus
- New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Georgia
- Antarctica, Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, N. America, S. America
- Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington
- Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, George Harrison, John Lennon
- Michaelangelo, Donatello, Raphael, Leonardo
- yolk, white, shell
- Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet
- cyan, magenta, yellow
- catwoman, clayface, joker, riddler, two-face, penguin, egghead, king tut
- Ottowa, Ontario; Washington, DC; Mexico City
- Jack, Queen, King
- Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard
- Nina, Pinta, Santa Maria
- penny, nickel, dime, quarter, half dollar
- Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, Lincoln
- Jan, Mar, May, July, Aug, Oct, Dec
- B&O, Pennsylvania, Reading, Short Line
- Hearts, Clubs, Diamonds, Spades
- Alaska, Idaho, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Vermont, Washington
- Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Arctic, Southern
- blue, yellow, black, green, red
- 100 meter run, long jump, shot put, high jump, 400 meter run, 110-meter hurdles, discus, pole vault, javelin, 1500 meter run