Webelos Scout Uniform
The uniform is integral to the Scouting program. It identifies the scouts and adults with Webelos and gives them a sense of belonging to the den, the pack, and the Boy Scouts of America. The uniform distinguishes Webelos from other Cub Scouts. Scouts and leaders should wear it to all den meetings, pack meetings, and special pack activities.
Our den chose to transfer to the tan uniform in February of 4th grade. Reasons for this timing are:
- all the scouts earned their Webelos rank badge
- the new oval Webelos badge can be used in the same location that Boy Scout rank badges will be placed
- the tan shirt can be used in Boy Scouts
- when doing Arrow of Light activities with a Boy Scout troop the Webelos will fit in
- further distinction as the 'senior' group in the Pack
- many scouts were outgrowing their blue uniforms
Each Webelos den should learn to work as a patrol. To help with that patrol identity, each den can choose a Patrol Patch and create a patrol flag, name, and yell.
Tip: If you get a green Boy Scout belt for your tan uniform, you will not be able to display any Cub Scout belt loops. The belt widths are different and the loops will not fit. Notice the blue belt in the photo.
The uniform shown here is known as the Field Uniform. The Activity Uniform is a custom pack T-Shirt and scout pants. These two uniforms (Field and Activity) are often referred to as Class A and Class B uniforms, but that is not correct BSA terminology.
Packs can design their own Activity shirt. The most well-known place for pack T-shirts is the ClassB.com web site. They are an official licensee of the Boy Scouts of America and have been providing high quality products to scouts since 1982.
The Webelos den leader wears the official Cub Scout leader uniform and the Webelos Cub leader neckerchief.
|Webelos Scout Tan Uniform Costs|
|World Scout Crest Emblem||$1.50|
Total Uniform Cost
Webelos Colors - $6.00
Retrieve a list of Scout shops and distributors in your area at this Scout Store Locator
These uniforms are a significant cost for many scouting families. Some possible ways to reduce costs are:
- Have your scout earn the uniform or part of it.(it might last longer, too)
- Purchase only minimum required items in your pack.
- Buy used uniforms on eBay.com or local clothes store.
- Check with your pack or district about a Uniform Exchange where you can pick up or drop off uniforms.
Oct 17, 2012 - Bill Joerger
Also, I was told at the scout store that the wolf belt buckle is considered to be a universal buckle that can be worn Bob Cat through Webelos. Is this correct?
My scout earned his Bobcat, Tiger, and Wolf badges in cub scouts. He skipped the Bear year, and is now starting back as a Webelo. His den wears the tan shirts. Should we go ahead and put his previous ranks on the shirt just as they were on his blue cub shirt, or leave them off and wait until he earns his Webelo badge?
She is most likely referencing this video, especially at the 3:40 mark. Also see BSA Family Scouting for more program info.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys