Cub Scouts BB Gun Shooting Sports Belt Loop and Pin
> > > Triple Prizes < < <
Loops and pins for BB Gun Shooting can be earned only in day camps, Cub Scout/Webelos Scout resident camps, council-managed family camping programs, or at council activities where there is properly trained supervision, and all guidelines for BSA shooting sports are implemented. BB Gun Shooting belt loops and pins cannot be earned at the pack, den, or individual level.
To be a BSA range officer, an adult must attend a training program conducted by a National Camping School-certified field sports director or National Rifle Association (NRA) instructor.
Requirements for the BB Gun Shooting Belt Loop
- Explain the rules of safe BB gun shooting you have learned to your leader or adult partner.
- Demonstrate to your leader or adult partner good BB gun shooting techniques, including eye dominance, shooting shoulder, breathing, sight alignment, trigger squeeze, follow through.
- Practice shooting at your district or your council camp in the time allowed.
Requirements for the BB Gun Shooting Pin
Earn the BB Gun shooting belt loop and complete five of the following requirements:
- Explain the parts of a BB gun and demonstrate how to properly load the gun.
- Demonstrate the shooting positions.
- Develop proficient shooting techniques by practicing for three hours.
- Learn the correct scoring techniques for target BB gun shooting.
- Make a poster that emphasizes the proper range commands.
- Draw to scale or set up a BB gun shooting range.
- Show improvement in your shooting ability with an increase in scoring points.
- Help make a type of target for the camp BB gun shooting range.
- Show how to put away and properly store BB gun shooting equipment after use.
- Explain how to use the safety mechanism on a BB gun.
- Tell five facts about the history of BB guns.
Councils may provide extra opportunities for a boy and his adult partner to continue qualifying for a pin after the council camp experience is over. However, a certified range officer must be present for shooting credits to be valid.
Requirements for the BB Gun Shooting Sports Award Certificate
Certificates may be awarded to the Cub Scout or Webelos Scout at any time he achieves a level of marksmanship. It is possible to earn five certificates if every level of marksmanship has been accomplished.
Before completing the Pro Marksman requirements below, the following criteria must be met:
- Instruction: Complete a basic BB gun marksmanship safety course.
- Shooting: Fire five groups of shots (three shots per group) that can be covered by a quarter, and then adjust the BB gun sight so that the group is centered on a bullseye. (No specific score is required.) Then fire the Marskmanship levels shown below.
|Marksman Level||Target||Position||Bullseyes Required||Shots per Bullseye||Min. Score per Shot|
Feb 18, 2013 - Oskar Back
My grandson turned 9 and, if it's OK with mom and dad, I'd like to teach him rifle safety and how to shoot.
Thank you so much.
Ryan Kane on Bobcat
Michelle Mahler on Belt Loops
Scouter Paul on Belt Loops
Rebeca on Belt Loops
John on Tiger Cubs
Heather on Tiger Cubs
Chris on Square Knots
Scouter Paul on Cub Scouts
allison on Cub Scouts
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America