Cub Scouts Marbles Sports Belt Loop and Pin
> > > Triple Prizes < < <
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Marbles Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of Ringer or another marble game to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing skills to play the game of Ringer or another marble game.
- Participate in a game of marbles.
Requirements for the Marbles Pin
Earn the Marbles belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a den, pack, or community marbles tournament.
- Explain to an adult what lagging is. Demonstrate how to do it.
- Demonstrate the following shooting techniques: knuckling down, bowling, and lofting (also called plunking).
- Explain the correct way of scoring for a game of marbles.
- Play five complete matches of marbles using standard rules.
- Start a collection of marbles and show it at a den or pack meeting.
- Write a short report on the history of marbles and share it with your den or family.
- Explain the rules about shooters.
Marbles Online Resources
Richard Jimenez on Contest
Mike B. on Contest
Dale on Flag ceremony
GT on Arrow of Light
Scouter Paul on Arrow of Light
Scouter Paul on Uniforms
Harriet Soukup on Billboard song
Rachel on Uniforms
Bobbi Danforth on Billboard song
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America