Cub Scouts Citizenship Academics Belt Loop and Pin
> > > Triple Prizes < < <
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Citizenship Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Develop a list of jobs you can do around the home. Chart your progress for one week.
- Make a poster showing things that you can do to be a good citizen.
- Participate in a family, den, or school service project.
Requirements for the Citizenship Pin
Earn the Citizenship belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Interview someone who has become a naturalized citizen. Give a report of your interview to your den or family.
- Write a letter to your newspaper about an issue that concerns you. Send your letter by mail or e-mail.
- Create a collage about America.
- Make a list of items to check for a home safety or energy audit and then inspect your home. Talk with your parent or adult partner about correcting any problems you find.
- Visit your local site of government. Interview someone who is involved with the governmental process.
- Visit a court room and talk with someone who works there.
- Go to the polls with your parents when they vote. Talk to them about their choices.
- Take part in a parade with your den or pack.
- List ways you can recycle various materials and conserve and protect the environment.
- Attend a community event or visit a landmark in your community.
Citizenship Online Resources
May 05, 2012 - Jon Dawe
I can't, for the life of me, find this in the Webelos handbook.
Seems strange that a requirement of the Citizenship badge - #8 citizenship belt loop would be completely left out of the book. Am I crazy and just not finding it?
Thanks - jd
It's an optional program for Cub Scouts, but since some of the belt loops are now more integrated, it would be nice if necessary information was available in the Webelos handbook.
Mickie Hammel on Cub Scouts
Mickie Hammel on Den Chief award
Barbara Lynn Terry on Davy Crockett song
Michelle Maffey on Recognition
Joe on Den Chief award
Joe on Archery belt loop
Joe on Bicycling belt loop
Kelly Jerominski on Bicycling belt loop
Pam on Bobcat
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America