Cub Scouts Badminton Sports Belt Loop and Pin
> > > Triple Prizes < < <
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Badminton Belt Loop
- Explain the rules of badminton to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing badminton skills.
- Participate in a badminton game.
Requirements for the Badminton Pin
Earn the Badminton belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community badminton tournament.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the use and care of the equipment needed to play badminton: shuttlecock (shuttle or bird), racket, court, net, and comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Demonstrate skill in the following grip techniques: forehand and backhand.
- Spend at least 60 minutes practicing to develop skills for shots and strokes (clear, drive, drop, and smash). Keep track of your time on a chart.
- Demonstrate skill in the following: hit the shuttle using forehand or backhand; hit the shuttle, alternating forehand and backhand; hit the shuttle against the wall with a forehand or backhand; hit the shuttle against the wall, alternating forehand and backhand.
- Accurately lay out a badminton court, including net and lines.
- Play five games of badminton.
- Participate in a badminton skills development clinic.
- Play at least three games during which you make your own foul calls effectively to your leader's satisfaction.
Badminton Online Resources
- Badminton Central - contains comprehensive Badminton information.
- Badminton Canada
- Dr. Piuzant Kassabian - badminton player
JB on Gopher Guts song
rachel on Uniforms
Optimum RV on Winter Camping Tips
Christopher Brown on Fools Gold skit
Mark Kodra on Photography MB
Ian Stuart on Signs Signals Codes mb
Scouter Paul on Personal Fitness mb
Jose on Personal Fitness mb
Sarah on Belt Loops
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America