Bugling Merit Badge
Revised January, 2020
Requirements for the Bugling merit badge:
- Give a brief history of the bugle.
- Do the following:
- Explain and demonstrate how the bugle makes sound, and explain how the bugle is related to other brass wind instruments.
- Compose a bugle call for your troop or patrol to signal a common group activity, such as assembling for mealtime or striking a campsite. Play the call that you have composed before your unit or patrol.
- Sound 10 of the following bugle calls: 'First Call', 'Reveille', 'Assembly', 'Mess', 'Drill', 'Fatigue', 'Officers', 'Recall', 'Church', 'Swimming', 'Fire', 'Retreat', 'To the Colors', 'Call to Quarters', and 'Taps
- Explain the use of each of the calls you performed.
- Explain how to care for, clean, and maintain a bugle.
- Serve as bugler in your troop for three months.
NOTE: A bugle, trumpet, or cornet may be used to meet these requirements.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
Just for Fun: Socializing merit badge
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Scouts
Jill Summary on Wolf Adventures
John on Greased Watermelon game
Gracie Hollifield on Emerald Ring story
Dee on Sausage Machine Song
Kabreigh on Shut Up skit
Roxanne on Quartermaster Store song
Scouter Paul on Camping MB
John Weiler on Camping MB
Anne on Gopher Guts song
Alexandros Martinez on Tarzan songMore Comments...