Cub Scouts Table Tennis Sports Belt Loop and Pin
> > > Triple Prizes < < <
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Table Tennis Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of table tennis to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing table tennis skills.
- Participate in a table tennis game.
Requirements for the Table Tennis Pin
Earn the Table Tennis belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community table tennis tournament.
- Demonstrate your knowledge, use, and care of the equipment needed to play table tennis (racket or paddle, table and net, ball, tennis or basketball shoes, and comfortable clothing).
- Practice 30 minutes in up to two practice sessions developing serving skills.
- Practice 30 minutes in up to two practice sessions developing your forehand and backhand strokes.
- Explain to your leader or adult partner how spin affects the bounce of the ball.
- Accurately set up a table tennis table and net according to USA Table Tennis rules.
- Play five games of table tennis.
- Participate in a table tennis skills development clinic.
- Explain to your leader or adult partner how to score a table tennis game.
- Participate in a game of doubles table tennis (four people playing in one game, two people per side).
Table Tennis Online Resources
Table Tennis Worksheet
Gene Bair on Eagle Scouts
James Looney on Family Life MB
John on Activity Search
Betty on Communicator badge
Robert Berkheiser on Thankfulness minute
Kim on Belt Loops
Irene mckee on Fundraising
Scouter Paul on Arrow of Light
Scouter Paul on Uniforms
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America