Cub Scouts Soccer Sports Belt Loop and Pin
> > > Triple Prizes < < <
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Soccer Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of soccer to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing soccer skills.
- Play a game of soccer.
Requirements for the Soccer Pin
Earn the Soccer belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack, school, or community soccer tournament.
- Demonstrate the skills of passing, collecting, shooting, heading, dribbling, and tackling.
- Demonstrate skill in goal keeping.
- Accurately lay out a soccer field for a game.
- Demonstrate five types of fouls and explain why players should avoid them.
- Demonstrate how to juggle the soccer ball and keep it from touching the ground for 30 seconds.
- Play at least two games of Soccer Tennis.
- Spend at least a total of six hours over several practice periods playing soccer. Keep track of your time on a chart.
- Join and participate in a soccer team in your community or school.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional soccer game.
- Learn about a U.S. Olympic soccer team and report your information to your den.
- Explain the history of soccer.
Soccer Online Resources
Laurie on Arrow of Light
Sean Geffert on BSA Fitness award
Rick Rose on Carpentry MB
Rick Rose on Photography MB
Scouter Paul on Webelos Uniform
Peter on Webelos Uniform
Amy on BSA Fitness award
sue demoe on Goober Peas song
Judith Oden on Billboard song
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America