Cub Scouts Physical Fitness Sports Belt Loop and Pin
> > > Triple Prizes < < <
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Physical Fitness Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Give a short report to your den or family on the dangers of drugs and alcohol.
- Practice finding your pulse and counting your heartbeats per minute. Determine your target heart rate.
- Practice five physical fitness skills regularly. Improve performance in each skill over a month. Skills could include pull-ups, sit-ups, the standing long jump, the 50-yard dash, and the softball throw.
Requirements for the Physical Fitness Pin
Earn the Physical Fitness belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Choose a form of exercise, bring your heart rate up to target, and keep it there for 15 minutes. Remember to warm up and cool down slowly.
- Set up a four-step exercise program. Chart your progress for five days a week for two weeks.
- Explain the reason for warming up and cooling down before and after each exercise session.
- Visit a local gym and talk to a trainer about exercises and programs for young people.
- Participate in some aerobic exercises at least three times a week for four weeks.
- Build an obstacle course that could include some exercises with jumping, crawling, and hurdles. Time yourself three times to see whether you can improve your time.
- Swim for a total of an hour over several practice periods, charting your time as you go.
- Participate for at least three months in an organized team sport or organized athletic activity.
Fitness Online Resources
Physical Fitness Worksheet
Cubmaster Donn on Belt Loops
cubs scouts rock! on Belt Loops
Charles Cates on Webfooted Friends song
Rob on Kims Game
Karen on Eagle Scouts
noemi sanchez on Contest
Scouter Paul on Eagle Scouts
Karen on Eagle Scouts
Howard F. Cunningham Jr. on /content/song/buffalo_gals-208.asp
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America