Merit Badge: Public Speaking
Requirements for the Public Speaking merit badge:
- Give a three- to five-minute introduction of yourself to an audience such as your troop, class at school, or some other group.
- Prepare a three- to five-minute talk on a topic of your choice that incorporates body language and visual aids.
- Give an impromptu talk of at least two minutes, either as part of a group discussion or before your counselor. Use a subject selected by your counselor that is interesting to you but that is not known to you in advance and for which you do not have time to prepare.
- Select a topic of interest to your audience. Collect and organize information about this topic and prepare an outline. Write an eight- to 10-minute speech, practice it, then deliver it in the conversational way.
- Show you know parliamentary procedure by leading a discussion or meeting according to accepted rules of order; or by answering questions on the rules of order.
Public Speaking Worksheet
Click one to vote:
Did you like it?
Or hate it?
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
Scouter Paul on Merit Badges
Hitchhiker on Boy Scouts
Hitchhiker on Emergency Prep MB
Laith on Emergency Prep MB
scouter R on Merit Badges
Dan Wolfgang on Astronaut skit
Dave Mundy on Hobo Dinner recipe
David Jeffery on Boy Scouts
Dr Ferdinand Abayomi Oguntoye on Custom Patrol Patches
Evan Owen on Webelos AdventuresMore Comments...