Merit Badge: Moviemaking
(replaces Cinematography merit badge)
Requirements for the Moviemaking merit badge:
- Discuss and demonstrate the proper elements of a good motion picture. In your discussion, include visual storytelling, rhythm, the 180-axis rule, camera movement, framing and composition of camera shots, and lens selection.
- Do the following:
- In a three- or four-paragraph treatment, tell the story you plan to produce, making sure that the treatment conveys a visual picture.
- Prepare a storyboard for your motion picture (This can be done with rough sketches and stick figures.)
- Demonstrate the following motion picture shooting techniques:
- Using a tripod
- Panning a camera
- Framing a shot
- Selecting an angle
- Selecting proper lighting
- Handheld shooting
- Do ONE of the following:
- With your parent's permission and your counselor's approval, visit a film set or television production studio and watch how production work is done.
- Explain to your counselor the elements of the zoom lens and three important parts.
- Find out about three career opportunities in moveimaking. Pick one and find out the education, training, and experience required for this profession. Discuss this career with your counselor. Explain why this profession might interest you.
Click one to vote:
Did you like it?
Or hate it?
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
Moses Onchieku on Camp Letter joke
Nogie on Campout Checklist
James on Everybodys Nerves song
Tony Smyles on Red Skelton minute
Julie Anglesey on Bomb Squad activity
paul on Flag Test
Paul on Flag ceremony
hosomax on Camp Letter joke
Scouter Joe on Patrol Patches
Scouter Paul on Patrol PatchesMore Comments...