Cub Scouts Skateboarding Sports Pin and Belt Loop
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Skateboarding Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Demonstrate to an adult the general rules for safe skateboarding by showing that you know how to wear the proper safety gear.
- Carefully demonstrate how to fall to help minimize injuries.
- Practice skateboarding for 30 minutes. This practice may be done in several periods.
Requirements for the Skateboarding Pin
Earn the Skateboarding belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Figure out your skateboard stance — whether you are regular or goofy footed.
- Demonstrate proper stance, feet positions, knee bending, pushing off, turning, and stopping on flat ground.
- Using pictures, explain to your den or family the difference between street, skate park, and vertical skateboarding.
- List five ways skateboarders should be considerate and respectful of other people and their property when they are skateboarding.
- View a skateboarding video.
- Attend a pro skateboarder demonstration.
- Show that you know how to lubricate the bearings and keep your skateboard clean.
- Apply grip tape to your skateboard.
- Skateboard at a skate park for 30 minutes.
- Demonstrate three of the following maneuvers: ollie, nollie, frontside, grab, kickturn, carving.
- Describe how to determine a safe area to skateboard.
Skateboarding Online Resources
Click one to vote:
Did you like it?
Or hate it?
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
Joanna Barker on FAQ
Adenaam Ademin on Bizz Buzz game
Herb Lederman on Veteran award
Trent Sinn on Stamp Collecting MB
Scouter Paul on Webelos Uniform
Roger on Webelos Uniform
SCOUTbox on Supporters
Paul Gyorok on Bomb Squad activity
Bob Quinn on Mt. Dew Song
Cheryl Lebow on /blog/1337.aspMore Comments...