Cub Scouts Pet Care Academics Pin and Belt Loop
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Pet Care Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Care for your pet for two weeks. Make a list of the tasks that you did to take care of your pet.
- Read a book, explore the Internet (with your parentís or adult partnerís permission), or acquire a pamphlet about your pet. List three new interesting facts that you learned about your pet.
- Make a poster about your pet. Share your poster with your den, pack, or family.
Requirements for the Pet Care Pin
Earn the Pet Care belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- With an adult, develop a plan for someone to care for your pet if you were to be away for one week.
- Train your pet to do a trick or follow a simple command.
- Describe how your pet communicates with you and other animals.
- Observe or play with your pet for 15 minutes each day for one week. Keep a chart that shows your petís mood on each day.
- Attend a pet show. Report to your den about the show.
- Make a drawing of the cage or bed your pet requires. Describe the important parts of it.
- Visit an animal shelter. Explain the reasons why pets are in the animal shelter to your den or family.
- Visit a pet store. Make a list of the different animals in the store and the kinds of foods they eat.
- Talk to a veterinarian about his or her career. Share what you learned with your den or family.
- Tell three ways that animals can help people.
- Do a service project for an animal shelter, exercise an elderly personís pet, or help a friend with the care of his or her pet.
- Find out about the pets of U.S. presidents while they lived at the White House. Tell your den about one president and his pet(s).
Pet Care Online Resources
Pet Care Worksheet
Click one to vote:
Did you like it?
Or hate it?
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
Arthur Budd on Davy Crockett song
citra pandiangan on Traveling Angels story
Bob on Personal Management m.b.
Bjorn Wang on /blog/1213.asp
Van Donley on /blog/1213.asp
Jennifer on Conservation award
Ron on /blog/1213.asp
Scouter Paul on Shotgun m.b.
Christopher Bryant on Shotgun m.b.
Mr. Jake on Boy Scout UniformMore Comments...