This Award is meant for Boy Scouts.
A boy scout that is serving as a den chief wears the Blue/Gold den chief braid. If serving as a Webelos den chief, he wears the Blue/Gold/Red braids. Once he has earned the Den Chief Service award, he can wear the Red/White/Blue den chief award braids. All braids are worn on the left shoulder, under the epaulet and under the arm.
- Serve the pack faithfully for 1 full year.
- Attend a den chief training (if available within year of service) OR be trained by the assistant Cubmaster and den leader.
- Know the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- Help Cub Scouts achieve the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- Be the activities assistant in den meetings.
- Set a good example by attitude and uniforming.
- Be a friend to the boys in the den.
- Take part in weekly meetings.
- Assist the den at the monthly pack program.
- Meet as needed with the adult members of the den, pack, troop, team, or crew.
- Complete FOUR of these projects:
- Serve as a staff member of a Cub Scout special event, such as a Scouting show, bicycle rodeo, etc.
- Serve as a staff member of a Cub Scout Day camp or resident camp.
- Advance one rank.
- Assist in recruiting three new Cub Scouts.
- Assist three Webelos Scouts to join a troop.
- Help to plan and carry out a joint pack-troop activity.
- Recommend to your Scoutmaster, Varsity Scout Coach, or Venturing Advisor another Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, or Venturer to be a den chief.
Webelos Den Chief
There is no official form for this award, but you can use the Den Chief Service Record
from the Den Chief Handbook