If you read last month, I mentioned a Leave No Trace
training available next week in the Boundary Waters. Well, it looks like I'll be attending that course for 5 days. I'm really looking forward to it for a few reasons:
- Even though I've lived in Minnesota for seven years, this will be my first trip to the Boundary Waters and first trip to the Northern Tier high adventure base.
- I strongly believe in the LNT principles and feel that BSA activities should always incorporate them.
- There are scouters coming from Texas, Missouri, Illinois, Michigan, Alabama, and Minnesota - and maybe more places.
- At this time of year, there should be very few bugs and no hot humidity.
- I will have some valuable skills to share with other units in our council.
So, don't look for any updates to the site for the next week. But, when I get home I'll let you know all about the training.
Posted: 17:44 09-02-2006 84 Previous Post Next Post
archives: 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005
Site Disclosure Statement