If you've got scouts or leaders looking for a few bucks to fund their scouting addiction, or just something cool to win, here's a bunch of items that might interest you.
Did you notice there's a Monthly Contest
on Boy Scout Trail? Each month, you can win a $25 gift card for www.ScoutStuff.org, a fire piston kit, or a ClassB.com $50 coupon. Feeling lucky?
Scouting Magazine's Camp Cooking Recipe Contest
has scouters come up with original recipes for BSA gift certificates up to $400. Enter before Oct. 1, 2008.
Boys' Life is running their 2008 Annual Reading Contest
where scouts write a report, send it in, and maybe win a $100 gift card.
Trails End (the Popcorn guys) are having a marketing contest called Best Popcorn Pic
where scouts can win 1 of 100 Nintendo DS-Lite game systems. See Contest Page
for details and enter before Dec. 1, 2008.
Trails End is also doing a Best Unit Kickoff
video contest where your unit could win $2,500. See Contest Page
for details and submit your video before Dec. 1, 2008.
Ongoing rewards in Boys' Life and Scouting Magazine include:
- Scouts can enter ideas and tips to Boys' Life every month:
- $10 - 'Collecting' ideas. Recent collections submitted include apple seeds, Snapple caps, flashlights, and ticket stubs from movies. I'm pretty sure they'll accept anything.
- $2, Scout handbook, or Fieldbook - Jokes for the Think & Grin section.
- Adult BSA members contribute to Scouting magazine:
- Front Line - submit a question to the Front Line Stuff column and get $50.
- Worth Retelling - submit a personal short story about scouting to the Worth Retelling column and get $25.
Check your Boys' Life and Scouting magazines for details or go to their boyslife.org and scoutingmagazine.org sites.
Good Luck and Scout On!
Posted: 10:59 08-26-2008 354 Previous Post Next Post
archives: 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005
Site Disclosure Statement