The end of this month starts the annual Scouting Popcorn Sales drive. If folks in your troop or pack are interested in something different that might net them a couple bucks, how about these ideas? ...
- Scouts can enter ideas and tips to Boys' Life
- $10 - 'Collecting' ideas. Recent collections submitted include bolo ties, hat pins, farm toys, stamps, pencil lead, fortune cookie fortunes, and even video games. I'm pretty sure they'll accept absolutely anything.
- $10 - Tip about anything. Recent tips include bringing along a deck of cards in the car to keep from being bored and don't wear sneakers on a hiking trip.
- $2, Scout handbook, or Fieldbook - Jokes for the Think & Grin section.
- Boys' Life Reading Contest gives away $100, $75, and $50 prizes the end of 2007.
- Adult BSA members contribute to Scouting magazine:
- Photo Contest - Enter up to three photos in their contest before Oct. 1, 2007 for a chance to win $400, $300, $200, $100, or $25 prizes.
- Front Line - submit a question to the Front Line Stuff column and get $50.
- Worth Retelling - submit a personal short story about scouting to the Worth Retelling column and get $25.
- Units that have 100% Boys' Life subscriptions by Nov. 30 are automatically entered in a drawing by BSA for 12 Bass Pro Shops packages which include a $500 gift card and 20 Eagle Claw fishing poles.
Check your Boys' Life and Scouting magazines for details or go to their boyslife.org and scoutingmagazine.org sites.
Well, you won't get rich, but it's better than a kick in the rear.
Posted: 23:53 09-04-2007 189 Previous Post Next Post
archives: 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005
Site Disclosure Statement