Scouts In the News
Today, scouts are in the news for quite a range of topics. The most common two reasons for a scout to be in the news are their Eagle rank and their obituary. But, here are a few different news topics regarding Scouting:
- Record Eagles - In Florida's Withlacoochee District, this past year has seen a ton of Eagles. The pandemic has evidently allowed for more advancement work to be done, whoda thunk?
- ARC Kits - This Eagle candidate created kits to help with anxiety and provided them to local rescue squads. The contents are to help calm patients in stress.
- VA Center Games - Scouts fixed up and outdoor basketball court and built game equipment at their local VA Medical Center. A good outdoor project that I hope gets lots of use.
- Native American Concerns - Mic-O-Say, OA, and all use of Native American culture in the BSA continues to be criticized. A OA Notice was issued this year and needs to be followed.
- Scouts Help Lord's Cupboard - another impactful community service program. There's always some way that scouts can step up and help out.
- Community Gardener - Sounds like a great way to be outdoors during a pandemic, raising food for local food pantries.
- YAST - Yet Another Stolen Trailer - but this guy got caught. Stealing a scout trail just seems like a tough way to make some cash.
So, congratulations to those new Eagles, keep doing good deeds, and keep an eye on your trailer.Scout On!
Posted: 12:04 08-13-2020 1369
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Scouts
Virginia on Arrow of Light
Scouter Paul on Canoeing MB
Nimla Dilworth on Canoeing MB
Alan on Books Never Written
Chi Chi O. on One Bright Morning skit
John Hudson on Environmental Science MB
lauren on Joke Search
Scouter Paul on Veteran award
Mark Loehrer on Veteran award
Jane on Scout JoiningMore Comments...